EFI Constitution - Continued
Article 24 (Amendment of the articles of association)
- Proposals for the amendment of the present articles of
association shall be submitted to the Officers at least six weeks before
the date of a meeting of the General Assembly so that they can be included
on the draft agenda in accordance with article 11, para 4.
- The present articles of association may be amended only
by means of a resolution of the General Assembly carried in accordance
with articles 15 to 19 inclusive at which two thirds of the members
are present or represented or by a two thirds majority in a postal ballot.
- The President shall ensure that each approved amendment
to these articles of associations shall be properly registered with
the Tribunal of Strasbourg within three months after which time it shall
otherwise be null and void.
Article 25 (Dissolution)
- The General Assembly may bring about the dissolution
of EFI by means of a resolution passed by the General Assembly in accordance
with articles 15 to 19 inclusive, only when at least two-thirds of the
members of the General Assembly are present at a meeting properly convened
in accordance with article 11 or by a two thirds majority by postal
- The Executive Committee shall proceed to the liquidation
of EFI dissolved in accordance with the preceding paragraph and shall
ensure that proper accounts are drawn up.
- An independent auditor shall be nominated by the Officers
of EFI to carry out a final audit.
- The final accounts and auditor's report shall be submitted
to the General Assembly within six months of the ending of the financial
year in which the dissolution was voted by the General Assembly.
- The General Assembly shall decide on the disposal of
any amount of capital of the dissolved EFI to non-profit-making bodies
working in the fields of histocompatibility and transplantation.
The President shall inform, within three months the
Tribunal d'Instance de Strasbourg of the following declarations
- Any change in the composition of the Executive Committee,
- Amendments to the articles,
- Transfer of the Seat,
The present articles were adopted by the General Assembly
by postal ballot on September 28 1998.